[ft-devel] Re: [ft] Glyph hinting problem with TT hinter

From: David Turner
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: [ft] Glyph hinting problem with TT hinter
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:36:17 +0200

Sergey Tolstov a écrit :

>Cooltype is recent technology for LCD panels only:
>http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/cooltype.html

Sergey, you should really not believe these smooth marketing brochures :-)

My Acrobat Reader comes with a file named COOLTYPE.DLL that is nearly 2 MB
in size. I assure you that this is a complete font engine, not just a
LCD-optimized rendering
technology :-)

I suspect that it includes lots of features (e.g. a small Postscript
interpreter, the ability to
convert font files to other formats, big tables to handle legacy CJK
fonts, etc...), that would
explain its size.

Regards,

- David Turner