[ft-devel] ftview/ftstring segfault with -e unic

From: Jjgod Jiang
Subject: [ft-devel] ftview/ftstring segfault with -e unic
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 08:31:36 +0000

Hi,

I'm using ftview/ftstring in ft2demos-2.2.1 to preview fonts. In most
of the cases it works fine, but when I try to use it with some OpenType
fonts like KozMinProVI-Regular.otf provided by Adobe Reader Asian Fonts
Pack (which is freely available from adobe.com). For example:

./ftview -e unic ppem KozMinProVI-Regular.otf

The window suddenly disappears with "Segmentation fault" as output.

but "./ftview ppem KozMinProVI-Regular.otf" works fine.

and ftview/ftstring in ft2demos-2.1.10 does not have this problem.

I'm pretty sure ftview/ftstring is linked with the correct version of freetype,
Is there any ways to troubleshot this? Or any other infomation I should
provide here?

Regards,
jjgod.