[ft-devel] FT_Render_Glyph failures

From: Camp, TracyX E
Subject: [ft-devel] FT_Render_Glyph failures
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 09:49:10 -0800

I've encountered another failure in my attempts to develop some FreeType
tests.  The test goes through a loop that sets the font size via
FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes or FT_Set_Char_Size() with random values between 4
and 140 pixels (yes I'm adjusting the width/height values when using
FT_Set_Char_Size()) for both the width and height.  So I'm basically
warping the font randomly between very wide and very short to very
narrow and very tall and rendering all the glyphs at each stage along
the way.

I'm seeing fairly consistent FT_Render_Glyph failures with fterror 64 at
various values of width and height (examples 57x78, 67x82, 63x29, 50x85,
57,x110...)  The call to FT_Render_Glyph does not fail on the same glyph
either.

The specific font I'm using is again FreeSerif.ttf from the freetype
project.

Before I got digging through FreeType internals.... is this test just
not valid?

Thanks

Tracy Camp