[ft-devel] Re: configure.raw will be fixed for freetype-2.3.3

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: configure.raw will be fixed for freetype-2.3.3
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:14:38 +0900

Dear Sir,

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 07:59:43 +0100 (CET)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> > It seems that quoting style `xxx' in C source comment can make C
> > compiler cause mismatching quoting error, aslike:
>
> Uh, oh!  This is the first time I've heard this :-(
>
> Please fix it in the CVS, and, if possible, send a bug report to the
> compiler developers.  It's probably a good idea to report this to the
> autoconf people also.

Sorry, the wrong was not C compiler. The conftest.c
generated by the part was interrupted by backquote,
aslike:

>configure: failed program was:
>| /* confdefs.h.  */
>|
>| #define PACKAGE_NAME "FreeType"
>| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "freetype"
>| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "2.3.2"
>| #define PACKAGE_STRING "FreeType 2.3.2"
>| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "address@hidden"
>| #define STDC_HEADERS 1
>| #define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
>| #define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
>| #define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
>| #define HAVE_STRING_H 1
>| #define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
>| #define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
>| #define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
>| #define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
>| #define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
>| #define HAVE_FCNTL_H 1
>| #define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
>| #define SIZEOF_INT 4
>| #define SIZEOF_LONG 4
>| #define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
>| #define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
>| #define HAVE_GETPAGESIZE 1
>| #define HAVE_MMAP 1
>| #define HAVE_DECL_MUNMAP 1
>| #define MUNMAP_USES_VOIDP
>| #define HAVE_MEMCPY 1
>| #define HAVE_MEMMOVE 1
>| /* end confdefs.h.  */
>|

>| #if defined(__GNUC__) && defined(__APPLE_CC__)
>| # include <Carbon/Carbon.h>
>| # include <ApplicationServices/ApplicationServices.h>
>| #else
>| # include <ConditionalMacros.h>
>| # include <Files.h>
>| #endif
>|

>| int
>| main ()
>| {
>|

>|          /* OSHostByteOrder() is typed as
>configure:5551: result: no, ANSI incompatible

It seems that configure script tries to evaluate `OS_INLINE',
then failed, and the generated conftest.c is interrupted and
cannot be compiled. So, if forced to say, using backquote in
the testing code for AC_TRY_COMPILE([], []), I ought have to
be more careful.

Anyway, just I've changed the part to be unquoted word, so
now the problem is fixed in CVS.

# Sorry, due to instable network of our University, ssh session
# was killed before sending notice mail in ft-cvs.

Regards,
mpsuzuki