[ft-devel] Strange rendering of stretched instructed glyphs in 2.3.5

From: Michal Nowakowski
Subject: [ft-devel] Strange rendering of stretched instructed glyphs in 2.3.5
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:04:44 +0200

Hello,

I tried to update freetype in my Ubuntu Feisty from 2.2.1 to 2.3.5 and
experienced such a new problem: when I ask for horizontally stretched
glyphs, some TTF fonts (for example Vera/DejaVu and Verdana), also the
horizontal stems get stretched. This occurs with native hinting only.
It seems that only some stems (regularized with cvt?) are affected.
I did not check vertical stretching or PS hinter.

I attached a sample (Vera Serif stretched by 300%)

Regards,

MichaƂ Nowakowski