Re: [ft-devel] building xpdf on Solaris x86

From: Debra Scott
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] building xpdf on Solaris x86
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:52:32 -0500

hi,

ok, I've gotten it to build.

I needed to create links in /usr/bin for ar, ld, ranlib, strip
to link to the gxx commands in /usr/sfw/bin

so my cc -> gcc
          ld -> gld
          ar -> gar
           ranlib -> granlib
         strip -> gstrip

root did not know of /usr/ucb/bin to use the ar, ld, etc there and adding /usr/sfw/bin to my path didn't
work because the GNU commands all start with "g"

I couldn't find an easy way of addressing this in your instructions. I tried the GNUMAKE=gmake ./configure
but that continued to give me the same error

anyway, it is working, I'm able to run xpdf.

thanks,
Debbie

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Yes, I'm running 'make install' as the superuser

Then please post a log of the complete compilation process from a
freshly unpacked tarball (compressed).  I assume problems with
libtool; maybe upgrading to another version helps.