Re: [ft-devel] FreeType 2.3.5, minor issues

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType 2.3.5, minor issues
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:52:21 +0900

Hi,

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 08:34:39 +0100 (CET)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Now, src/base/ftbase.c includes ftmac.c by
>>
>>      #include <ftmac.c>
>>
>> syntax.
>
>This looks like an error, indeed: All other files (except ft2build.h)
>are included with double quotes.

I see. Your comment is exactly same with the original
comment by Sean McBride (he wondered why ftmac.c was
exceptionally included by <>?). You're right.

>>                                             Following patch is too
>> ugly for ftbase.c?
>
>I think yes. :-)

Thank you for giving a comment what I expected :-)

Since 2006, I was talking as "I want to eliminate ftmac.c by
Carbon-free implementation", but what I did was in contrast.
I was screwing-up ftmac.c by the storm of ifdef. I regret it.
Doing what I was talking is my 2008's resolution.

>> Other idea may be: use a macro FT_MAC_C to include non- default
>> (legacy) ftmac.c and expects builds/unix/configure.raw to define it.
>> If it's not defined, include default (Mac OS X-only)
>> src/base/ftmac.c.
>
>Do you think this is *really* necessary?  My favourite action would be
>to silently replace <...> with "..." and wait for bug reports.
>However, I leave the decision to you.  Please commit whatever you
>think is best.

OK. Within next week, if there's no contrary opinion in
this list, I will replace <ftmac.c> by "ftmac.c", and
add notes to docs/INSTALL.MAC. I must prioritize the working
for Carbon-free implementation.

Regards,
mpsuzuki