Re: [ft-devel] TrueType font that is not loaded by freetype

From: Dmitry Timoshkov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] TrueType font that is not loaded by freetype
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 12:43:55 +0900

"Dmitry Timoshkov" <address@hidden> wrote:

"Albert Astals Cid" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi, the attached font is not loaded by freetype but it is loaded by FontForge so it seems the font is either correct or not that broken to not be able to be read.

I have not tried debugging the problem but if i'm given a pointer i could try it and see what i can do, but i can't promise anything as i've done 0 work with fonts stuff.

JFYI, Windows XP SP3 reports that the font is broken, and refuses to load it.

Looks like there are 2 reasons of that:
1. Missing OS/2 table (this is the real reason why Windows doesn't load it)
2. Font header reports 9 tables, and the 9th table seems to be broken:
offset 0x3EC6A78B, length 0x5F0F3CF5
Once I patch the font to report 8 tables, FreeType loads it without a problem.

--
Dmitry.