Re: [ft-devel] Fw: [OpenType] Embedded OT Fonts submission to W3C

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Fw: [OpenType] Embedded OT Fonts submission to W3C
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:05:49 +0900

Good!

Also the unveiling of Microsoft EOT file format is good news.
Although Bitstream's PFR was the pioneer of the subsetted/
embedded font objects in digital TV and web contents, but
now Microsoft EOT became more popular method for web fonts
- and free web browsers (like Mozilla) cannot use the resource.
I was trying to analyze the internal of EOT, but I could
analyze only the header. Official EOT format specification
is good news, if it's licensed freely.

# I wish if Bitstream unveils PFR1 and later too.

Regards,
mpsuzuki