Re: [ft-devel] Regression in 2.3.6

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Regression in 2.3.6
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:24:47 +0200 (CEST)

> After upgrade to 2.3.6 version freetype dysplays CMU Concrete font
> (http://cm-unicode.sourceforge.net ) with lower height for some
> small Latin letters (g, u, dotlessi) than for other ones (e.g. x, o,
> etc.) at some sizes (19, 21 ppem).

I think this is a bug in the hinting of those glyphs.  IMHO, the
topmost horizontal hint of letter `u' (and others like `i' and `j') is
too small.  In the attached image it can be clearly seen that the
topmost hstem doesn't include the topmost points.

If you change the hint height of the topmost hint from 59 to 73 font
units, the glyph renders perfectly at all sizes.

    Werner

PNG image