Re: [ft-devel] freetype-2.3.7 -- ftconfig.h for biarch systems

From: Sean McBride
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype-2.3.7 -- ftconfig.h for biarch systems
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 13:23:13 -0400

On 6/30/08 10:11 PM, address@hidden said:

>One of my anxiety is that the sizes obtained by AC_CHECK_SIZEOF()
>would be more reliable than the sizes deduced by limits.h (although
>yet I've not checked the detail that how configure script checks
>the sizes).
>
>I want to check the sizes by AC_CHECK_SIZEOF() and compare them
>with the sizes deduced by limits.h - if any inconsistency is found,
>AC_CHECK_SIZEOF() results should be used. Werner, how do you think?

I would think that using a configure script check would be problematic
for Mac OS X Universal Binary builds.  A configure script check is run
only once, correct?  So if one builds 4-way universal (ppc, ppc64, i386,
x86_64) the check will give wrong results for some architectures.  In my
experience, using configure-time tests is highly problematic for cross
compiling.

Can freetype use C99 features?  In C99 there are exact-width integer
types like int64_t, uint32_t, etc.  See 'stdint.h'.

BTW, <bits/wordsize.h> does not seem to exist on Mac OS X.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 address@hidden