Re: [ft-devel] Re: meddlesome compiler warns against "for( ...; ...;...)

From: gww
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Re: meddlesome compiler warns against "for( ...; ...;...) ; "
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:50:06 -0700 (PDT)

>> I think, your comment proposes to remove the ";" at the end
>> of line 910.
> Um, yes, but it seems that I'm wrong.

>> It looks like very strange. So, I guessed the original intention
>> by the author was
>>
>>         for ( i = 0;
>>               i < num_coords && blend->normalizedcoords[i] == coords[i];
>>               ++i ) { }

> Yes, probably, which means we've just a formatting `error'.  George?

Er, the point of the loop is to test if coords is the same as
blend->normalizedcoords.  If the two arrays are the same then nothing has
changed.
  So nothing should be done inside the loop. If you prefer using {} to
represent a null statement, that's fine with me. I tend to use ";" myself, but
if freetype's conventions are different I apologize.