Re: [ft-devel] conversion from cvs repository to git

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] conversion from cvs repository to git
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:47:58 +0100 (CET)

> In git, commits are attributed to email addresses.  Cvs2svn needs a
> mapping to provide full addresses from the data which is in the rcs
> files.
>
> This is the list of usernames which need to be mapped to addresses
> for a proper conversion of the ft repo to git: [...]

Honestly, I consider this a laborious task not really necessary.  But
volunteers are welcomed :-)

> And there is a tar of the commits which need proper log messages at:
>
>   http://jhcloos.com/ft/ft_mt_log_msg.tar.bz2
>
> in case anyone want to help write real log messages.

This is not sufficient IMHO, if someone really wants to fix this.  For
example, a line like

  * builds/modules.ml (CLOSE_MODULE, REMOVE_MODULE), builds/detect.mk

(from 2008-02-11) says nothing; the most important information has
been truncated.