Re: [ft-devel] can't build freetype-2.3.8 on MinGW/MSYS environment

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] can't build freetype-2.3.8 on MinGW/MSYS environment
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:33:03 +0900

Hi,

Quoting freetype-2.3.8/docs/INSTALL:

  2. Unix Systems (including Mac OS X, Cygwin, and MSys on Windows)

    Please read *both* `UPGRADE.UNIX' and `INSTALL.UNIX' to install or
    upgrade FreeType  2 on  a Unix system.   Note that you  *need* GNU
    Make for automatic compilation,  since other make tools won't work
    (this includes BSD Make).

    GNU Make VERSION 3.80 OR NEWER IS NEEDED!

Is it difficult for MinGW users to update GNU make to 3.8x ?

Regards,
mpsuzuki