Re: [ft-devel] Licensing question(s)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Licensing question(s)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:34:42 +0100 (CET)

> I'm designing my own program that uses freetype indirectly, through
> another library that uses it.  Does the clause in the BSD license
> requiring me to mention that my program uses it apply in this type
> of situation?  Also, is there any other stipulations I need to meet
> if all I'm doing is linking against, directly or indirectly?

This is good question, and I don't know the answer.  I suspect,
however, that it is not necessary for you to follow all dependencies
of that library; it should be sufficient to cite the library's
license(s).  Theoretically, if this library uses FreeType under the
FreeType license, it should already mention that it is using FreeType;
you then have to simply copy this text to your application.