Re: [ft-devel] why zcalloc() and zcfree() are written in zutil.c & ftgzi

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] why zcalloc() and zcfree() are written in zutil.c & ftgzip.c?
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 08:04:27 +0100 (CET)

> During the development for AtariST, I found that there are 2 generic
> implementations of zcalloc() & zcfree() in zutil.c and ftgzip.c.

IIRC, the main idea was to leave the number of changes in zutil.c as
small as possible since it is an `external' file, and possible
re-synchronization with the original source is easier then.  If
possible, changes have been applied to FreeType (wrapper) files.

> Q1) the implementation C) in zutil.c is still required?

I don't think so.  However, please don't remove code but rather do
#if 0 ... #endif where necessary.

Otherwise, please proceed.