Re: [ft-devel] Switching to Git ?

From: Ralph Giles
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Switching to Git ?
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:16:07 -0800

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:02 AM, David Turner <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'd like to know if Werner and others are interested in switching the
> FreeType repository to git in the near future ?

Hi David! This would be nice for me as well.

> Nothing really of high priority, but I wanted at least to know your opinion
> about it ?

There was a thread about this in December in January. Suzuki-san did
some trial conversions and there was some discussion about editing the
commit messages to give a better shortlog as part of an official
conversion.

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2008-12/msg00074.html
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2009-01/msg00001.html

Note that git support on windows is still shaky.

 -r