Re: [ft-devel] problems with CVS->git conversion

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] problems with CVS->git conversion
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:41:52 +0100

2009/3/3 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>

> Would it make sense to first convert to GIT then later change the commit
> messages there.

I tried that, and it doesn't work properly.

Ah, can you tell me which problem exactly ? I could do the migration myself.
By the way, I started documenting it at the following:

http://digitsbraveblog.blogspot.com/

> I believe it's going to be much easier, and to be honest, I'm unsure
> that updating the original CVS messages is going to be very useful.

In case I don't find a not-too-complicated solution I just run
parsecvs and nothing else.  But currently I still try to find
something :-)