[ft-devel] check for missing glyf table

From: Ralph Giles
Subject: [ft-devel] check for missing glyf table
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:12:56 -0800

Werner,

On December 9 you committed a fix for Savannah bug #25010, which
includes adding a check for an empty glyf table to
load_truetype_glyph(). However, the check is implemented as a proxy
check for a zero glyf_offset, rather than the table itself being
absent.

I think this isn't correct when the incremental font interface is
being used. In that case the font data consists only of the glyph
data, and the offset can be zero. At least that's our analysis so far.
We have two files which fail on this check, and render correctly when
it is bypassed.

Is there some other way the presence of a glyf table can be checked?

 -r