Re: [ft-devel] freetype compilation warnings

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype compilation warnings
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 08:04:56 +0100 (CET)

> <http://www.cdash.org/CDash/buildSummary.php?buildid=493582>
> /.../VTK/Utilities/vtkfreetype/src/base/ftdbgmem.c:992: warning:
> `_debug_mem_dummy' defined but not used

This is expected, more or less:

  #if FT_DEBUG_MEMORY
  #else  /* !FT_DEBUG_MEMORY */

    /* ANSI C doesn't like empty source files */
    static const FT_Byte  _debug_mem_dummy = 0;

  #endif /* !FT_DEBUG_MEMORY */

If you know a clean method to avoid the warning, please tell me.

> <http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=493423>
> WARNING: While resolving call to function 'FTC_GNode_Compare'
> arguments were dropped!

This is something I don't understand at all.  I have never seen such a
warning before, and I have no idea what it means.  Can you elaborate?