Re: [ft-devel] Enabling the incremental interface by default

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Enabling the incremental interface by default
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 10:24:51 +0100 (CET)

>> What kind of problems do you have?
>
> We don't really know at this point. We were concentrating of crashes
> and errors first.  Now we have to look for incorrect rendering.  One
> thing we did notice is the 'A' and 'B' glyphs in
> gs/examples/alphabet.ps don't show.  No idea yet whose fault that
> is.

OK.  By the way, FreeType's PostScript hinting is rather miserable
currently (and buggy too -- I'm aware of at least one serious bug but
haven't had time yet to fix it); a longer time ago someone has
suggested to merge the autohinter with the PS hinter, which sounds
sensible.  Do you plan to work on this?  Or rather, can I persuade to
work on this? :-)