Re: [ft-devel] Bug in the font or bug in freetype?

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Bug in the font or bug in freetype?
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:16:20 +0900

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:40:02 +0000
Albert Astals Cid <address@hidden> wrote:
>A Dissabte, 23 de gener de 2010, address@hidden va escriure:
>> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 23:31:12 +0000
>>
>> Albert Astals Cid <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >Hi, i just got a PDF file with the attached font embedded, Adobe can
>> > render it correctly but freetype refuses to load the font. Can it be
>> > workarounded or the font is totally broken?
>>
>> Excuse me, ftdump & ftview of latest FreeType2 (available
>> on GIT) can load & display the attached font. Could you
>> provide the information about the version of FreeType2
>> and how to reproduce the problem?
>
>Right, sorry for not trying git version, i tried 2.3.9 (last ubuntu version)
>and 2.3.11 (last released version) and both fail, but git master works :-)

I'm sorry for blowing off the test of official releases.
It seems that the problem was fixed by

2009-11-25  John Tytgat  <address@hidden>

        Better handling of start of `eexec' section.
        This fixes Savannah bug #28090.

        * src/type1/t1parse.c (T1_Get_Private_Dict): Skip all whitespace
        characters before start of `eexec' section.

(for detail, please check https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28090)

>Any idea when the next version is going to be released?

Werner could comment, sorry. If it's not soon, I will file
something to Ubuntu BTS for temporal fix.

Regards,
mpsuzuki