Re: [ft-devel] inconsistently dropping sub-pixel features

From: Ken Sharp
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] inconsistently dropping sub-pixel features
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:10:19 +0000

Hi James,

At 10:49 18/03/2010 -0400, James Cloos wrote:

KS> This is the point for discussion, it seems to me that the location
KS> of the feature within the pixel should not have any effect on
KS> whether the pixel is marked or not, that should only depend (In my
KS> opinion of course) on the size of the feature.

It looks like ftraster.c:Vertical_Sweep_Drop() is responsible for that.

I wonder whether the Overshoot_Top and Overshoot_Bottom flags remain
constatnt when the glyph is flipped with FT_Set_Transform()?

Good question, I'll try and find out this afternoon (dragged away to something else temporarily).

If Vertical_Sweep_Drop() is the problem, chaning it to test more than
just >=50% may have significant effects elsewhere.

I'd guess it probably might, again I'll try and find the time to try it and see. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated!

                Ken