[ft-devel] Procedure for reporting a possible security vulnerability

From: Reed Loden
Subject: [ft-devel] Procedure for reporting a possible security vulnerability
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:24:09 -0700

Greetings,

I have received a report of a possible security vulnerability
that I need to pass on to the freetype developers for investigation.
There doesn't seem to be a specific place to report security problems
to, and the tracker on Savannah
(https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=freetype) doesn't
have a way (that I can see) to make an issue private/confidential.

What's the recommended procedure for reporting possible security
vulnerabilities?

Thanks,
~reed

--
Reed Loden - <address@hidden> / <address@hidden>
GNU Project [gnu.org] / Free Software Foundation [fsf.org]