[ft-devel] Cache subsystem question

From: Gernot Reisinger
Subject: [ft-devel] Cache subsystem question
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 17:17:57 +0200

Hi there,
I am using Freetype for an embedded project and I have an issue with the cache subsystem.

In my FTC_Face_Requester callback I create the fonts from memory with FT_New_Memory_Face. The font memory is dynamically allocated. I understand that FT_Face objects are managed by the cache subsystem including FT_Face destruction with FT_Done_Face. As there is no way to detect when the cache invokes FT_Done_Face, I can not deallocate the memory buffers holding the font data.

Any idea how to solve that issue?
Thanks,
Gernot