Re: [ft-devel] How to get the position of a glyph without rendering it

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] How to get the position of a glyph without rendering it
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 12:49:24 +0900

Hi,

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 01:29:29 +0100
Albert Astals Cid <address@hidden> wrote:
>That code works fine for most of the fonts i tried but now i have encountered
>a case in which
> round(-glyphMetrics->horiBearingX / 64.0);
>is -2 and
> -slot->bitmap_left;
>is 26

Could you tell me any sample fonts to reproduce
this issue?

I think, the metric infos available before rendering
come from metric tables, and the metric infos available
after the rendering come from glyf table, so there
can be incompatible values (rather, broken font may
have different values).

Regards,
mpsuzuki