[ft-devel] Re: About Gsub table in opentype.

From: 丁力
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: About Gsub table in opentype.
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 16:36:47 +0800

OK.
Thanks.

do you know any other small open source library can do this job?

i just want to display the vertical characters, the layout engine is to big for me.

2010/11/6 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>

> i want to display Japanese characters in vertical mode.  in some
> opentype font, i only can get some bracket glyphs in vertical mode
> by gsub table such as the "MS Mincho".  i found that it seems no
> APIs in freetype to translate the horizontal glyph to vertical mode
> by gsub.
>
> does anyone can tell me how to do it?

You can't do that directly.  It's not the job of FreeType.  Instead,
you should use a higher-level library like ICU, Pango, or Qt to apply
OpenType features to text strings.