[ft-devel] Arabic and Chinese, etc.

From: jklint
Subject: [ft-devel] Arabic and Chinese, etc.
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 17:19:04 -0800

I am new to using unicode strings, so please bear with me.

Are there any examples available that demonstrate rendering non-English fonts with characters beyond the 0-255 range?  I am having difficulty rendering Arabic and Cyrrilic fonts.  I don't know if the problem lies with my project settings, the font I am using, or the way I am using FreeType.  If I had a working example I could figure it out, preferably with a Visual Studio C++ project.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Josh Klint
CEO