[ft-devel] Patch for MSVC: VS2010 support + inline assembly

From: Bradley Grainger
Subject: [ft-devel] Patch for MSVC: VS2010 support + inline assembly
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:36:03 -0800

I've started developing with FreeType (by cloning the git repository) and have
a couple of patches I'd like to submit. What is the preferred format for this,
e.g., a "git format-patch" email sent to the list? (I wasn't able to find
instructions on how to submit a patch at
http://freetype.sourceforge.net/developer.html.)

The patches are:
1. A simple upgrade of the vc2008/freetype.vcproj file to a new
vc2010/freetype.vcxproj file, in the format used by Visual Studio 2010. (It's
OK if this doesn't make it into the master repository if no official
maintainers have VS2010; I'm happy to just maintain it locally.)
2. A port of FT_MulFix to MSVC inline assembly; in my completely unscientific
testing (shaping text with HarfBuzz), I saw a performance improvement of ~16%
from this change.

Thanks,
Bradley