Re: [ft-devel] Tweak CJK Blue zone parameters

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Tweak CJK Blue zone parameters
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 06:53:02 +0200 (CEST)

> How long do you need to find stable values for the tunable
> parameters?

This is never finished :-) Even for the latin autohinter, improvements
or different approaches are always possible (cf. `latin2').

  If it is difficult to estimate, I will propose new API
> to manipulate the parameters by FT2 clients.

Please no.  It may be useful to have an easy way to manipulate the
hinting process at compile time with a granularity down to a
particular glyph in a particular font at a particular size (cf. the
Infinality ClearType patches which will be added to FreeType quite
soon), but exposing the autohinter internals to the public prevents
any major change to the code, if ever necessary.