[ft-devel] FT_IS_CID_KEYED() should ignore t1cid fonts?

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: [ft-devel] FT_IS_CID_KEYED() should ignore t1cid fonts?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 11:55:48 +0900

Dear Werner,

Now I'm trying to extend CJK bluezone patch to support
CID-keyed font using Adobe-{CNS1,GB1,Japan1,Korea1} CID.
It would be useful to apply autohint to non-TrueType
CID-keyed font embedded in PDF.

# I think it is useful to make the image comparing large
# character set.

It seems that FT_IS_CID_KEYED() macro does not detect
the CID-keyed font driven by t1cid driver (Type9 CID-keyed
font), because the driver setting FT_FACE_FLAG_CID_KEYED
is only cff driver.

It is possible to detect t1cid font by such conditional,
         if ( 0 == face->num_charmaps                              &&
              !FT_Get_CID_Is_Internally_CID_Keyed( face, &is_cid ) &&
              is_cid                                               )
so I have no strong request to modify FT_IS_CID_KEYED()
to detect t1cid, but it's slightly difficult to understand
that it is designed feature from the documents in freetype.h.

If you can remember why current FT_IS_CID_KEYED() ignores
t1cid, please let me know.

Regards,
mpsuzuki