Re: [ft-devel] building freetype without gzip and bzip2 fonts

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] building freetype without gzip and bzip2 fonts
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 07:39:21 +0200 (CEST)

> I'd like to build a static library version of Freetype2 that does
> not link in libgz or libbz2.  May I assume that disabling support
> for gzip and bzip2 compressed fonts would do that?  How would I
> disable this?

If you say

  ./configure --help

you can see this, among other information:

  Optional Packages:
    --without-zlib          use internal zlib instead of system-wide
    --without-bzip2         do not support bzip2 compressed fonts

If you want to suppress support for LZW and GZIP completely (this is,
not using FreeType's internal modules for those two compression
methods), undefine the corresponding macros in ftconfig.h