[ft-devel] Font Rendering Query

From: auto73846951
Subject: [ft-devel] Font Rendering Query
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 22:20:14 +0100

Hi,

I'm curious from a development point of view where font rendering
with libfreetype actually happens under a Linux desktop, i.e which
process loads/parses/displays a freetype font?

For example, if an application renders some text with a given font,
is this work done by X or the application that's displaying the
font?

Reason I ask is because I can see libfreetype is linked to both my
application and X?

Thanks

Jason