Re: [ft-devel] FT_Load_Glyph && FT_LOAD_IGNORE_TRANSFORM

From: Kal Conley
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FT_Load_Glyph && FT_LOAD_IGNORE_TRANSFORM
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 01:31:36 +0200

Sorry for the late response.
NP

I'm trying to figure out if the following two snippets of code will
load the glyph in the same way in all cases...

Snippet#1:
---------------
FT_Set_Transform(face, NULL, NULL);
FT_Load_Glyph(face, glyph_index, load_flags);

Snippet#2:
FT_Load_Glyph(face, glyph_index, load_flags | FT_LOAD_IGNORE_TRANSFORM);

I question this because FT_Load_Glyph uses the following logic when
determining if auto-hinting should be used: [...]

The decision is based on the transformation matrix without
considering if the FT_LOAD_IGNORE_TRANSFORM bit is set.  Is this a
bug?  Does the glyph always get loaded the same way in both cases?
This really looks like a bug.  Can you provide a fix?

     Werner
Here is a patch. :)