Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint 0.4 has been released

From: vern adams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint 0.4 has been released
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 21:01:09 +0100

heh van Dalen's TruetypeViewer is what i used to check the fonts :)
Nothing *that* glitchy shows.

Microsoft's implementation of truetype rendering seems to never cause these
problems.
It's a specific Apple implementation of Truetype to postscript/screen rendering
that seems to be the issue. What does iOS, Adobe CS OSX apps, and OSX
postscript printing have in common? Oh and the old Cleartype TT previewer in
Fontlab - ttfautohint fonts were shredded in that too, but again, only in OSX
if i remember correctly.

-v