[ft-devel] font names - win or mac platforms?

From: yuliana_zigangirova
Subject: [ft-devel] font names - win or mac platforms?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 02:53:16 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for the help with a previous question and
now a similar question about font name choice made by Freetype.
What platform does Freetype prefer when looking for Font Family Name
and Postscript Name?

As far as I see,  for the NettoBold.ttf and NettoTFMonoBold.ttf
it seems to be inconsistent:

For Family Name I get  "Netto"  and "Netto Tf" respectively (which is Name
ID 1
Platform 1 - Macintosh)
and for Poscsript Name I get  "NettoBold" and "NettoTFMonoBold",
which is Name ID 6 Platform 3 - Windows).
Could you tell me what is an order in which you look for Font Family Name
and
Postscript Name?  Do you look for ID 20?

Thank you very much again,
Yuliana