Re: [ft-devel] freetype, undefined behaviour, and clang

From: İsmail Dönmez
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype, undefined behaviour, and clang
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 08:34:49 +0100

Hi;

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 8:04 AM, suzuki toshiya <address@hidden> wrote:
Sigh, clang on Debian squeeze branch (previous newest branch) seems
to be shipped without appropriate dependency; clang can search gcc
until 4.6.1, but cannot search 4.6.2, and gcc-4.6.1 binaries are
already removed from debian repository. Also Debian clang maintainers
are mainly working for Debain wheezy branch (current newest branch)
and their patched clang cannot work well on Debian squeeze branch.
clang's configuration mechanism, ToolChains.cpp is so deep hell, and
Debian maintainers could not fix it. Oops.

I built gcc-4.6.1 and clang/llvm-2.9 by myself. It can make working
binary for the simplest programs, like hello-world, but "apinames"
built with "-ftrapv" by my clang aborts with "Illegal instruction" error.
It seems that I have to learn more to make usable clang by myself...

llvm 3.0rc4 has the necessary fixes for this, you should test it.

Regards,
ismail