Re: [ft-devel] Inconsolata Issue with 14px g

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Inconsolata Issue with 14px g
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 08:23:38 +0100 (CET)

> One of the users of my patchset noticed an issue with Inconsolata.
> See this post for details:
> http://www.infinality.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149&p=988#p988
> <http://www.infinality.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149&p=988#p988>
>
> I checked it out in an unpatched Freetype and the glitch appears
> there too, so I don't think it is an issue with my patches.  I know
> work has been done lately on the autohinter.  Any idea what changed
> in the code to cause this and/or if the change is intentional?

AFAIK, this isn't a glitch.  Commit b0962ac3 fixed a long-standing bug
which unfortunately caused a bunch of inconvenient side effects.  See
discussions in the following bug reports:

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?33939
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?34156
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?34507

You should increase the used font size in xterm to get the previous
appearance.