Re: [ft-devel] FreeType Amalgamation

From: Vinnie
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType Amalgamation
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:16:56 -0800 (PST)

So here are some of the issues I am coming up with producing
the amalgamation:

1) Duplicate symbol name TBand_ in ftraster.c and ftgrays.c

Solution is to rename one.

2) Duplicate macro definitions: FLOOR, CEILING, TRUNC, SCALED in ftraster.c and
ftgrays.c

I added these lines in both files, before the #define statements:

#ifdef FLOOR
#undef FLOOR
#endif
#ifdef CEILING
#undef CEILING
#endif
#ifdef TRUNC
#undef TRUNC
#endif
#ifdef SCALED
#undef SCALED
#endif

3) Duplicate symbol name TWorker_ in ftraster.c and ftgrays.c

Again the solution, rename one of them. PWorker will also have to be renamed
since its an alias for TWorker_ *.

4) Macro conflict with RAS_ARG, RAS_ARGS, RAS_VAR, RAS_VARS, RAS_VAR_, RAS_ARG_
in ftraster.c and ftgrays.c

Solution is to #ifdef / #undef these macros before they are redefined.

5) Duplicate symbol TRaster_ in ftraster.c and ftgrays.c

Solution is to rename one. PRaster will also have to be renamed since its an
alias.

This is what I mean by "cosmetic" changes. It looks like ftgrays.c was born as
a copy of the file
ftraster.c and modified appropriately, thus the duplicate symbol names.

Thanks,

Vinnie