Re: [ft-devel] AC_CHECK_SIZEOF fails with minGW

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] AC_CHECK_SIZEOF fails with minGW
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 10:03:30 +0100 (CET)

> [gcc-4.6.2-1-mingw32]
> [binutils-2.22-1-mingw32]
> [autoconf2.5-2.68-1-mingw32]

While installing, I've used the newest file description XMLs; this
leads to the above configuration.  Now I did a complete reinstallation
of MinGW, this time with the default XML.  This leads to gcc-4.6.1,
but unfortunately I get exactly the same error.

In case this is repeatable on other machines (I'm running Windows 7),
it would be a really serious bug, since it means that the default
MinGW installation ships with a broken gcc compiler.

I was told that MinGW's gcc-4.5.2 works fine.  My question: How can I
downgrade with mingw-get?  Manual installation is tedious...

Maybe the old XML file description files are still lying around?  Does
such a description for gcc-4.5.2 exist?