Re: [ft-devel] ftgrays - exact pixel coverage?

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ftgrays - exact pixel coverage?
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 20:26:01 -0500

2012/2/8 address@hidden <address@hidden>:
> I believe there is discrepancy between what's written in ftgrays.c and its
> actual functioning. It is said it "computes the _exact_ coverage of the
> outline on each pixel cell". But the following program shows this is not true.

To speed up the rendering ftgrays flattens the curves, i.e. it renders them
as short straight segments. This explains your observation. Note that the
statement still true for straight segments.

If you are so obsessed about this you can increase the denominator on
the lines 817, 919, and 1066 to, say, 32  and lessen the discrepancy.

A.