Re: [ft-devel] On contour directions and fill rules

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] On contour directions and fill rules
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 21:11:05 +0200 (CEST)

A small remark:

> - No self-intersection.  Now, when one says self-intersecting, one
> has to qualify.  I was under the impression that assuming outlines
> are not self-intersecting was a safe assumption.  However, I'm
> convinced now that this is absolutely false assumption.

Yep.

> I'd say assuming that each *contour* is non-self-intersecting is
> safe, ...

No, it's not.  Especially after applying TrueType bytecode some
outlines can be (intentionally) extremely distorted at small sizes.

And about your rasterizer:

> I will also be presenting it at LGM and GUADEC.

Which talk is this?  I fear I will be only able to attend on May 3rd
in the afternoon.

BTW, what's the main difference to the FreeType rasterizers?  Or have
you been able to reuse some code?