Re: [ft-devel] PDF text rendering error

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] PDF text rendering error
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:04:04 +0200 (CEST)

[Please *don't* send images in BMP format!  They are extremely large
for no good reason.  Use PNG or JPG instead.]

>   "BKLGIB+FA"     ---------- this is the embeded font in th document.

As Toshiya has mentioned, it should be rather

   FA-RoundGothicB

> I opened the embeded font use font lab, found the gid = 2134 is like
> this, please see the attach bitmap, some of lines form a 0 area
> areas, then fill the area(have no area), Does freetype made special
> processing?

If you open the font with FontLab (and the same is true for FontForge,
BTW), you see how the glyph looks like *unscaled* and *unhinted*.
Obviously, this doesn't work for this font.  You need a special editor
(which I don't have) for those fonts which always applies hints, this
is, which always display the font rasterized at a certain PPEM value.