Re: [ft-devel] Ligature support in Freetype?

From: Jay Vaughan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Ligature support in Freetype?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:41:14 +0200

> Direct support in FreeType?  Nope.  You need either Pango, ICU, or
> HarfBuzz which are OpenType libraries on top of FreeType (and others
> also); then it works out of the box.

Thanks for the answer!  I guess we're already using freetype2 in moai, and so
my next big mystery is .. how would I integrate something like harfbuzz on top
of our freetype2 usage in order to gain a ligature feature?  I understand this
is a stupid question, potentially, so I'll keep researching this, and reading
some code to try to understand the approach to solving the problem .. but if
anyone feels motivated to explain to me how I might approach this, I'd be very
grateful.

--
Jay Vaughan
address@hidden