Re: [ft-devel] [autohint] improved handling of serif fonts

From: Just Fill Bugs
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [autohint] improved handling of serif fonts
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 13:12:25 +0800

于 07/04/2012 11:28 PM, Werner LEMBERG 写道:

please test the current git.  I have slightly changed the code in the
auto-hinter which recognizes flat segments; it now accepts a broader
group of shapes.  As a consequence, handling of serif fonts like
Palatino or Quattrocento should be much improved.

I have also imported this code to ttfautohint.

Cf. this bug report:

   https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=36091

This remind me of the problem where stroke with a slight curvature at the end. The segment at the end cannot be detected in that case. See the thread:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2011-05/msg00013.html