Re: [ft-devel] optimal configuration to render fonts using gamma correct

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] optimal configuration to render fonts using gamma correction
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 11:07:36 +0900

Francesco Abbate <address@hidden> writes:
> So the problem is still standing about why fonts looks washed with
> gamma correction. More important too, what is the better method to
> render fonts ? Disable gamma corrections ?

What do you mean by "washed out"?  _What's_ "washed out"?  Regardless
of what curve your grey-levels use, white should be white, and black
should be black, and fonts are mostly black and white....

[I guess you want to do any blending in a "linear" space
(non-gamma-corrected), but obviously whatever you hand off to the
display system should be in whatever space the display system
expects...]

-miles

--
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
-Oscar Wilde