[ft-devel] Fw: running configure

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] Fw: running configure
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 21:27:53 +0200 (CEST)

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [ft-devel] running configure Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 21:22:51 +0200 I finally figured it out - restoring the original Makefile helped because this time it ran configure from the build/unix directory.

It took a few attempts (first time, make just ran configure in build/unix again, erasing everything, and I needed to add a "make clean" to get it to actually recompile everything. Might not have been necessary, but did not want a stray "/usr/local" in some string constant!

Many thanks for looking! As I had not seen any comments from the list yet (read my own posting) I did not want to post again immediately - creating SPAM.

regards,
Michael

which reminds me: time to get started on finishing my packaging of php

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would like to run configure to change the default directories (do
> not use /usr/local) but when I run ./configure - even with no
> arguments I get the following message
>
> address@hidden:[/data/prj/freetype/freetype-2.4.10]./configure
> make: *** No rule to make target `setup'.  Stop.

Are you using a recent GNU make?  In case you are on Windows, are all
files using CRLF line endings?  Do all files and directories have read
permissions?  Besides that, I'm running out of ideas.

    Werner

--- End Message ---