Re: [ft-devel] Signed Euclidean Distance Transform (was Signed distance

From: Vinnie Falco
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Signed Euclidean Distance Transform (was Signed distance fields: distance from any point to the glyph contours)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 11:49:00 -0700

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Nicolas Rougier
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for the reference and the code. I've been using code from
> http://contourtextures.wikidot.com since it can handle antialiased images and
> then I use grayscale rendering of the glyph to increase precision.
>
> Do you know if the Meijster method also handles grayscale images ?

The Meijster algorithm as described only supports 1-bit masks.
However, I have modified it to work with 8-bits per pixel masks using
fixed point calculations. I provide both the original Meijster
implementation and my anti-aliased modification (the member function
calculateAntiAliased()):

https://github.com/vinniefalco/LayerEffects/blob/master/VFLib/modules/vf_unfinished/graphics/vf_DistanceTransform.h

Thanks

--