[ft-devel] Porting to C#/Mono

From: Trevor Sundberg
Subject: [ft-devel] Porting to C#/Mono
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:53:58 -0800

Hi there,

I was wondering what license concerns there might be over porting FreeType 2 to C#. FreeType is an excellent library, and there is a wide demand for a font engine being made available in C# (easy to port to Mono supported platforms, works on Xbox indie games, etc).

I was also wondering if there would be a recommended path to porting. Currently I planned on implementing the TTF driver to test the port, and implement other formats as the need grows.

Thanks for your time!

Best Regards,
Trevor Sundberg