[ft-devel] ttsbit.c vs ttsbit0.c

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: [ft-devel] ttsbit.c vs ttsbit0.c
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:12:37 -0600

It looks to me that David rewrote ttsbit, the code loading SFNT embedded
bitmaps, to be more "memory-optimized", but then had to keep the old code for
when "old internals" config option is enabled.  That means the functionality
is duplicated now, in ttsbit.c and ttsbit0.c.  At least by default, "old
internals" is enabled, which means that most probably most users are not using
the "memory-optimized" version.

I have a hard time imagining that the non-memory-optimized version has any
measurable performance difference compared to the memory-optimized one in any
real-world scenario.  As such, I like to suggest that the memory-optimized
version be removed from the code base.

Thoughts?

--
behdad